Ireland is a unique country. On one hand, it’s part of the Western world. On the other hand, it’s a small island that is surrounded by myths and misconceptions. It can take you a lifetime to truly understand Ireland, but you can speed up the process by dating or even marrying an Irish woman. Here is a guide that will make dating Irish girls easier.
What Are Irish Women Like?
If you have lived your whole life on another continent, it’s very likely that you haven’t ever met a single Irish woman. It’s nearly impossible to describe the charm of Irish singles in one article, but these are the four most important facts you need to know about them.
They look absolutely lovely
A popular stereotype about Irish women is that they are all red-headed, freckled, and with green eyes, but it’s only partially true. There are lots of Irish girls who have all those features, but there are also plenty of women who are more European in their appearance. Irish girls have fantastic figures, but since their clothing style is not particularly revealing, you can only see their lovely curves when they dress up specifically for you.
They are a joy to be around
The personality of an Irish woman can take you off-guard for the first time with its openness and fun nature. Irish girls don’t see a point in being too serious and they love having fun whenever they can. When you are in the company of an Irish lady, you will erupt in laughter more often than you imagine. On top of that, Irish singles are very intelligent and will surprise you with their sharp wit, quick responses, and incredible level of knowledge.
They have strong family values
There are many Irish women who have impressive careers and succeed in other aspects of life, but none of those things matter to them as much as their families. At first, it only includes their parents and siblings, but once your relationship with an Irish woman gets serious, her family will also include you. Irish ladies have family as their top priority and constantly work on strengthening their bond and making sure their families have everything they need.
They are incomparable in the kitchen
One more popular stereotype about Ireland is that this country’s staple food is potatoes. This may be partially true, but while a typical Western woman can name around five potato dishes, an Irish girl can name 100. Irish women are not only naturally talented in cooking, but they also love learning new techniques and trying new recipes. They cook not because it’s a chore, but because they want to provide their loved ones with the most nutritious food.
Do Irish Women Make Good Wives?
At the moment, you may only want to date an Irish woman without making any long-term plans, but we are convinced that after you spend even a little while with your Irish lady, you will want to keep her by your side forever. Irish wives are very popular among Western men, and there are several reasons for it:
- Irish women can be a lot of things, but they are never boring. No matter how long you live with your Irish wife, you will still discover new aspects of her personality, while she will always find new ways to keep you happy and entertained.
- Irish wives are extremely loyal. When they make a commitment to their husbands, they absolutely mean it. They stand with their partners through the good and the bad, and you can always count on your Irish wife having your back in any situation.
- Irish ladies are outstanding as mothers. Most Irish girls grew up in families with several siblings, which taught them not only the basics of taking care of the little ones, but also made them appreciate family connections and life at home even more.
What Kind of Men Do They Like?
Irish women have a lot more in common with you than most other foreign women, but it doesn’t mean you don’t need to invest any effort into making yourself more attractive to an Irish girl. We don’t mean physical attractiveness, although Irish women definitely love men who can take care of themselves. We are talking about the personality qualities that are desirable for Irish women.
Most importantly, Irish singles want men who are mature but who are still able to let go and have some fun. You need to be financially stable, but focused on work 24/7. Commitment and love for children are also essential male qualities for Irish women. And even if there is a certain age difference, it’s no problem for an Irish woman — they believe that the older the man is, the more likely he is to have all those qualities Irish women are looking for.
Where to Meet Irish Women in Ireland?
Ireland is a relatively small country compared to many European countries, but it is a very popular destination for Western men looking for love. We have no doubts that you will enjoy your time even in the smallest Irish towns and villages, but these three cities give you the best chance of meeting your ideal partner.
As the capital of Ireland, Dublin has an endless number of beautiful single women who live there, as well as many Irish girls who come to Dublin to study or as tourists. After visiting every landmark in Dublin, make sure to dine at Chapter One, Pichet, and The Greenhouse, which are popular with local women. Copper Face Jacks and Dicey’s Garden Club are the two most visited night clubs in the city.
Belfast is also a capital city and the biggest city in Northern Ireland. It’s a great destination not only for sightseeing, but also for meeting lovely local girls. If you want to grab a bit after seeing the most popular spots in Belfast and get a chance to meet your Irish soulmate, try the Yűgo, Mourne Seafood Bar, and The Muddlers Club restaurants. You can also check out the Alibi and Limelight night clubs for an exciting night out.
Limerick is small and virtually unknown among foreigners, but it repeatedly ranks among the most popular cities in Europe for singles. Limerick promises you a huge probability of meeting an Irish woman to date. Besides the magnificent streets and attractions of Limerick, you can also try The French Table, Kyoto Sushi & Noodle, and Dolan’s Pub and Restaurant, as well as the House Limerick and Nancy Blakes night clubs.
Where to Meet Irish Women Online?
As a modern internet user, you are probably no stranger to online dating services. However, those dating services are usually based on a location principle and are very effective in connecting you with women from your own city or country. They may not be as effective in helping you meet Irish women, but there is an easy solution to this problem.
The solution is the variety of international dating services available right now. Those services are designed with a single purpose of helping men from Western countries meet foreign women — in this case, hot Irish girls. The most popular international dating sites have thousands of Irish girls, so you will always have lots of attractive women to meet online.
How to Date an Irish Girl: 7 Tips
As a man who had little to no experience with Irish women, you may be intimidated by the prospect of dating an Irish woman. The good news is that Irish women are not that different from the women you used to date before, but these 7 tips will help you build the most perfect relationship.
- Pay special attention to the first few dates. The first several times you see each other will determine the success of your romance, but you don’t need to think too hard about the ambience or the cost of your dates. In fact, Irish women prefer dates in the open air or somewhere where you can simply talk and be yourselves.
- Be careful around alcohol. Irish women are comfortable around alcohol, but don’t try to impress your Irish lady with your drinking talents. There is a good chance you will overdo it and embarrass yourself, and Irish ladies are actually cautious of people who don’t know their limits with alcohol.
- Admire her culture. Irish women are famously proud of their culture, as they should be. They are ecstatic when someone shows a genuine interest in their culture, and they love discussing it with their partner. Ask as many questions about Irish culture as possible and make a real effort to truly understand it.
- Avoid any topics that can be viewed as controversial. There are some topics that Irish women don’t want to discuss with anyone, let alone the person they are romantically interested in and want to stay together with for a long time. This includes not only the problematic moments from Irish history, but also the ignorant jokes about Ireland.
- Show off your sense of humor. Irish women may hate rude jokes about their home country, but otherwise, their sense of humor is truly legendary. An Irish girl will never seriously consider a man who doesn’t laugh at the same things as she does, so make sure to brush up on your knowledge of traditional Irish knowledge.
- Demonstrate an interest in her family. Irish women need to know that you are a family man deep down even if you don’t have a family of your own yet. As soon as your relationship gets serious, be the first one to initiate a meeting with your Irish woman’s family, and try to get as close to them as possible so that they form a positive opinion about you.
- Let her know you’re in for the long run. At the beginning of the relationship, you and your Irish girlfriend can simply have fun and enjoy each other’s company. However, in order to stay with you, an Irish woman needs to know that you have serious intentions and it’s not just fun and games for you. Show your ability to commit long before you actually have to do it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Irish women actually want to move abroad for marriage?
Not every woman you meet in Ireland wants to leave her home country for good and go to live with their husbands in other countries. However, moving abroad for marriage seems to be a growing trend among Irish girls. Not only do they want to spend the rest of their lives with the men they love, but they also want more freedom and opportunities than Ireland can give them.
What should I get my Irish woman as a gift?
Irish ladies are different from many other women in the world in many aspects, including gifts. A typical Irish girl can hardly be impressed by a giant teddy bear or other traditionally romantic gifts. A simple bouquet of flowers, a lovely mug with her favorite tea brand, or even a weekend trip to a forest retreat will be much more welcome as gifts.
When is the right time to pop the question?
When you’re in a long-term relationship with an Irish woman, you both know that marriage will definitely happen somewhere along the way. However, there is no need to rush things and propose marriage after a few months together. On average, an Irish lady needs to date someone for at least a year before deciding whether she wants to be with him forever, so your one-year anniversary may be the right time to do it.
Megan Meyer is a family therapist. In her career, which spans 10+ years, she has witnessed every type of relationship possible. She is an expert at helping people understand each other better and knows what it takes to make a relationship work, even if it’s between two people from completely different walks of life.