There are many big countries in Europe that are rarely associated with dating and romance, but France is the exact opposite. It’s the most romantic country in Europe, which is why it’s not surprising that French women are very popular with Western men. Of course, this is due not only to the romantic history of France, but also due to the many benefits of French ladies. Here is what you need to know about them.
What Are French Women Like?
You can get a pretty good idea about the character and appearance of French women from the many movies, TV shows, and books about them, but the following qualities are what draws Western guys to French girls in the first place.
Gorgeous and stylish
The beauty of French ladies has been mentioned so often that even if you’ve never met a girl from France before, you definitely know what we’re talking about. French women have sophisticated features. They are tall but very slim with subtle feminine curves. Women in France are determined to showcase their natural beauty, which is why you will hardly see them with outlandish makeup or dye jobs. Plus, French ladies are known all over the world for their exquisite style, and that is exactly what you will witness when you meet them.
Intelligent and curious
The mind of a French woman is incredibly complex. These ladies don’t just rely on their looks and feminine charm to get what they want. They are intellectually curious from a very early age and they never stop learning even when they grow up. Every French girl has a captivating inner world with her own interests, views, and opinions, and you will never grow tired of exploring it. Women in France are also well-read and you can often learn as much from them as they learn from you.
Romantic and full of passion
Romance is what gives French ladies a will to live and inspires them to do better every day. Without romance, women in France feel like their lives are empty. It doesn’t mean that French girls will simply go from relationship to relationship just out of fear of being alone. However, when they are together with someone, their personality and romantic nature truly shine. A French woman will surround you with so much attention and passion that you will hardly ever remember the life you had before meeting her.
Do French Women Make Good Wives?
If you admire French ladies and have reached a point in your life where you can seriously consider marriage, then a French wife is exactly who you need to be happy. French wives are coveted by Western men and there are many reasons for that. One of them is that women in France seem to have uncovered the secret of eternal youth and manage to look the same in their 40s and 50s as they did in their 20s and 30s.
However, the many advantages of French wives don’t stop there. French women are very devoted and they are willing to make the marriage work no matter how much effort it can take. A typical French wife is also an attentive and loving mother, but she also doesn’t lose focus from her role as your partner. Plus, women in France are fond of cooking and will likely want to do all the cooking in the family.
What Kind Of Men Do They Like?
Some say that French women are picky when it comes to meeting men, but this is not true at all. A French woman can fall in love based just on her instinct, but when she is looking for a long-term partner, it’s safe to say that she has standards. These are the 3 qualities she wants to see in a man:
- Mature character. You need to know what you want to achieve in life and need to be cool, calm, and collected, which are the qualities that typically come with age.
- Easy-going nature. You should be able to accept your partner’s ideas instead of always insisting on doing things your way, and that includes everything from serious life decisions to where to go for dinner.
- Readiness to settle down. When a French woman wants a husband and a family, it’s very important for her that the potential spouse is willing to settle down and won’t change his mind soon.
Where To Meet French Women In France?
As one of the most popular travel destinations in Europe and around the world, France is a fantastic place to visit even when you are not looking for a new relationship. But if you want to meet French singles, going to France as a tourist can be a pretty effective way to do it. Here are the top 3 cities for international dating in France.
Paris has the title of the most romantic city in the world for a reason. It’s a fantastic place both to visit with your long-term partner and to find your soulmate. You can check out local parks and embankments, but you probably won’t have a lot of luck in the most popular tourist areas because there won’t be a lot of local girls there. The Le Cinq, Epicure, and Guy Savoy restaurants, the Coutume, Peloton, and The Hood Paris coffee shops, and the L’Arc, Le Hobo, and VIP Room nightclubs are the top spots to visit.
Marseille is a French city that has everything. It’s an attractive and fascinating destination for tourists. It has a thriving industrial and business complex where you can find a lot of career-oriented French singles. It’s also home to some of the most prestigious universities in France, whose campuses are filled with beautiful women. On top of that, the Aux Antipodes, Chez Marinette, and Maison Geney restaurants, the Les Berthom, Polikarpov, and La Caravelle bars, and the Danceteria, Baby Club, and Chez Pablo nightclubs never fail to attract local girls.
Nice is an iconic travel destination not only among international tourists, but also among French girls who want to take a break from work and study. Nice has everything you are looking for in a great vacation city. You can find hundreds of French singles just chilling on the beach or windsurfing. If that’s not enough, you can try the Le Frog, Chez Moi, and Les Garcons restaurants, Wayne’s Bar, the La Havane, and Blast bars, or the High Club, L’Eleven, and Le Six nightclubs.
Where To Meet French Women Online?
French women are actively taking advantage of the convenience and safety of online dating. And while many of them use dating sites to find partners locally, many of them are interested in meeting men from overseas. However, you won’t find a lot of French singles on the usual dating services and apps.
When your goal is to meet as many single French girls interested in foreign men as possible in one place, there is only one direction to go: an international dating site. The women you find there will be gorgeous, smart, and focused on meeting men from Western countries for a long-term relationship or marriage, so you can rest assured your romance will have the right direction from the start.
How To Date A French Girl: 7 Tips
Before there can be any talk about living together, let alone getting married, you and your French lady will need to get to know each other well. The most natural thing to do is through dating. Even if you have extensive experience in dating local women, these 7 tips will help you build a perfect relationship with a French woman.
- Don’t be dull or too serious when approaching her. Your new relationship will have plenty of opportunities to get serious later, but when you are just meeting each other, it’s important to keep things fun, casual, and light-hearted.
- Your dates don’t have to be expensive. The amount of effort and attention that goes into planning a date is important for French girls, but not as important as the connection between you. A fun date at the park is more desirable to them than an expensive restaurant date.
- Don’t be surprised when she brings her friends to the date. This is not a given for all single French women, but many of them prefer to bring their support system to the first date or two. That way, they can feel even more confident, and you can use this opportunity to learn more about your lady.
- Find topics that interest both of you. When you are trying to make a great impression on a French woman, you can sometimes talk for ages about things you are passionate about. However, it’s important to discuss things that are equally interesting to you both.
- Ask her to be your guide. Visiting France is a fantastic experience, but it can be even more memorable when you have a native French girl as your guide. She will show you the places in France you would never discover on your own and will enjoy it as much as you do.
- Talk about your respective backgrounds. In a new relationship, it’s very important to truly get to know each other, and it’s best to start from the very beginning. Discussing your childhood, education, and life before meeting each other will get you closer to each other than anything else.
- Have a discussion about the future of your relationship. Do you want a casual romance, a friends with benefits situation, a serious relationship, or marriage? Make sure to not only voice your plans to your French girlfriend, but also to ask whether she wants the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are French women more reserved or outgoing?
Women in France are not particularly loud and extroverted, but they know how to behave themselves to make the right impression on everyone they meet. When a French girl is interested in getting to know someone with a romantic intention, she will be more outgoing and you won’t need to try too hard to get a response out of her.
How many partners do French girls typically have prior to marriage?
French ladies are not the type of women who will marry their first-ever serious boyfriend. Unless the woman is religious or very traditional, she will have two or three ex-partners by the time she gets married. However, while most French women have plenty of dating experience before marriage, they are wise enough to never bring their exes up in a conversation.
Does the man’s financial situation matter to French ladies?
It definitely does, but probably not in a way you think. Most French women are used to a certain level of financial comfort, and they certainly don’t want to lose it by marrying a man who is unemployed or has questionable career prospects. However, French girls are not dreaming about a life of luxury and won’t put any pressure on you to upgrade her lifestyle.
Megan Meyer is a family therapist. In her career, which spans 10+ years, she has witnessed every type of relationship possible. She is an expert at helping people understand each other better and knows what it takes to make a relationship work, even if it’s between two people from completely different walks of life.