Portugal is a country in Western Europe with a rich present and even richer history. Even if you’ve never been to that part of Europe before, you have definitely heard a lot about Portugal. Part of this country’s appeal is its lovely female population. Here is a detailed guide to dating Portuguese women.
What Are Portuguese Women Like?
If things go well for you, you will have many happy years or even decades ahead to study the character and admire the personality of Portuguese ladies. However, if you want to know which qualities make them so desirable among Western men, these are the four of their best features.
From a visual standpoint, you will find a lot of similarities between Portuguese girls and other women from Western Europe. However, the beauty of women in Portugal is even more striking because their features are highly contrasted. Portuguese women have black, curly hair and olive-toned skin. Their eyes are absolutely dazzling and their bodies are flawless. Portuguese women dress in modern fashion, but they also have an inimitable approach to personal styling.
Well-read and wise
Like most European countries, Portugal is a country that constantly emphasizes the importance of good education and makes it more and more accessible to the general public. As a result, women in Portugal can compete in intelligence and amount of knowledge with some of the best-educated European females. They can successfully maintain a conversation on any topic in the world, but on top of that, they are innately wise.
Fun and unpredictable
Dating a Portuguese woman, let alone being married to her, means you will never get bored in your relationship. Portuguese girls have a fun character and they don’t know what it’s like to be idle and passive. A typical Portuguese lady has an active social life and a variety of hobbies, and she will happily share those things with you. Moreover, Portuguese girls can be unpredictable, but only in a good and exciting way.
Romantic and passionate
Portuguese women are bold enough to be the first ones to confess their feelings to you, but in most cases, you don’t even need to wait for the official declaration of love. Portuguese girls are some of the most passionate creatures you will ever meet and they are not shy about their feelings. Every day spent with a Portuguese woman will be more romantic than the last one and your relationship will never lose its sparkle.
Do Portuguese Women Make Good Wives?
After spending a few happy months or years with a Portuguese lady, you will probably begin considering something more serious. Marriage to a Portuguese woman is one of the best steps you can take in life, and here are 3 facts about Portuguese wives to prove it.
- They are selfless. A Portuguese wife will always make sure her family is happy and comfortable first, and only then will take care of herself. Portuguese women are very attentive and don’t put their needs above everything else.
- They are talented mothers. Modern Portuguese wives don’t want a lot of kids and usually stop at just one or two. However, they have enough care, time, and resources to be the best mother to your children you can ever imagine.
- They work to improve the marriage. Like anything long-term, a happy marriage needs constant work. A Portuguese wife understands it like no one else and she will make the success of your marriage her top priority.
What Kind Of Men Do They Like?
When looking for a casual dating partner, Portuguese ladies will often rely on their senses and instincts, meaning they will pick someone who fits their idea of an attractive man. However, when their goal is a serious relationship or marriage, women in Portugal are more meticulous about their choices.
The most important requirement for a man to charm a Portuguese girl is absolute loyalty and openness. Portuguese ladies also want to date and marry men who are emotionally mature and don’t overreact to things, which is why they are often attracted to guys who are older than them. Finally, love for kids is also essential to Portuguese women.
Where To Meet Portuguese Women In Portugal?
Portugal is a fabulous travel destination and it should definitely be on your must-visit list no matter what your travel experience and style are like. It’s also a place with countless beautiful women, and here are the top spots for meeting them.
As the capital of Portugal, Lisbon is the place where most foreigners end up. Local women have plenty of experience with foreign tourists, so you won’t feel like you attract too much attention when walking the streets of Lisbon. You have the highest chance of meeting girls during the day at the Lisbon Zoo and numerous parks in the city. The Lisbon Vegan Restaurante, Augusto, and Belcanto restaurants, the Sky Bar, Cinco Lounge, and Foxtrot bars, as well as the Gallery, LuxFragil, and Musicbox nightclubs, are filled with Portuguese singles in the evening.
Porto is a major Portuguese city that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean, so you can find lots of Portuguese girls on the city’s beaches and embankments enjoying the sun and the salty air. As for the hottest hangout sports in Porta, you should try the Porta 4, ODE Wine House, and Pedro Lemos restaurants, the Bonaparte Downtown, Baixa, and The Royal Cocktail Club bars, as well as the Eskada, Moreclub, and Disco 80’s nightclubs after dark.
Compared to the biggest cities in Portugal, Braga is fairly small and not very popular with tourists. It means that you have a chance of meeting young and attractive Portuguese women who don’t have much experience with Western men and will be flattered by your attention. The Retrokitchen, Gosto Superior, and Tia Isabel restaurants, the Setra, Rossio, and Buda Terrace bars, and the Sardinha Biba, Dona Rosa Disco, and B-Side Karaoke Bar nightclubs are the best places to find single Portuguese girls in Braga.
Where To Meet Portuguese Women Online?
Going all the way to Portugal is not required if your goal is to meet hot Portuguese women, as you can easily do it online. Online dating is as popular in Portugal as it is in other parts of the world. However, your usual dating sites and apps probably won’t prove to be very effective, as they are mostly useful for local dating.
You can find the highest number of Portuguese singles on international dating services. They are designed to make it easier for Portuguese women and Western men to discover each other. You can strike a conversation with as many girls as you want and talk online for as long as you find comfortable before finally scheduling a real-life date.
How To Date A Portuguese Girl: 7 Tips
Whether you already have some long-term plans involving a Portuguese woman or you simply want to see how things go, dating is a very serious period in both of your lives. For the most part, Portuguese ladies are very easy to date, but these 7 tips will give you even more clarity on what to do and what not to do.
- Go out on interesting dates. A Portuguese girl will be thankful for every opportunity to spend time with a romantic interest, but if every date takes place at home, in a restaurant, or in a park, she may soon get bored.
- Show a real interest in her culture and family. You will soon realize that women in Portugal are very patriotic and strongly attached to their families. They love talking about their family and background, especially with someone they like romantically.
- Don’t try to limit her freedom. Portuguese girls are not the type of women who will completely dissolve themselves in a new relationship. They will want to spend some time on their own or with friends, and all you can do is accept it.
- Find an opportunity to cook together. Cooking is not just a chore for Portuguese women — it’s something they genuinely enjoy doing. Cooking can also be a great way to spend time together, so keep that date idea in mind.
- Don’t be a prude, but don’t be too suggestive either. Women in Portugal are open about sexuality, but they are also easily turned off if the man is too suggestive or feels like he is entitled to something. Discuss those things openly, but don’t cross the line.
- Listen to her opinions and desires. You may have a perfect scenario for your new relationship in your head, but it’s important to take your girlfriend’s opinions and ideas into account. Portuguese girls love it when men actually listen to them.
- Meet her loved ones and impress them. On one hand, women in Portugal are pretty independent, but on the other hand, they cannot exist without their social circle. And in order for your relationship to work, her friends and family should approve of you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will be the leader in a relationship with a Portuguese woman?
Portugal is a modern European country where people mostly have contemporary values. At the same time, Portuguese ladies are rather traditional in many regards. For example, they embrace the man’s position as the leader in the relationship and the subsequent marriage, and they know better than to demand equality in every aspect of romance.
Do Portuguese women tend to get married young?
No, Portugal is one of the many European countries where women take their time before tying the knot. On average, a Portuguese lady is around 30 when she decides to get married, although there are always exceptions to this rule. This allows the women to find their footing in life and make more informed decisions instead of just rushing into marriage early.
Is it acceptable in Portugal to live together before marriage?
Yes, and in fact, Portuguese girls prefer to live with their partners for around a year before tying the knot. They want their first marriage to be their only marriage. That is why they prefer to get to know the partner well before taking that serious step, and not just with the help of dates and vacations, but also by sharing everyday life with him.
Megan Meyer is a family therapist. In her career, which spans 10+ years, she has witnessed every type of relationship possible. She is an expert at helping people understand each other better and knows what it takes to make a relationship work, even if it’s between two people from completely different walks of life.